Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rain!

i have found what you are like

    i have found what you are like
    the rain

    (Who feathers frightened fields
    with the superior dust-of-sleep. wields

    easily the pale club of the wind
    and swirled justly souls of flower strike

    the air in utterable coolness

    deeds of gren thrilling light
    with thinned
    newfragile yellows

    lurch and.press
    --in the woods
    which
    stutter
    and
    sing
    And the coolness of your smile is
    stirringofbirds between my arms;but
    i should rather than anything
    have(almost when hugeness will shut
    quietly)almost,
    your kiss
    e.e. cummings



The earth sighs, here, today, and then laughs with relief. I laugh with relief too - the weight of stewardship nearly broke my heart as I watched our woods weep and wilt in drought.

Kathryn

2 comments:

Heloise said...

Both 'pictures' are incredibly stirring

Lisa at Greenbow said...

ooooooo I like this.