Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Garden Gloves

There is a bit of a discussion going on in blogs about whether we use gloves or not when we garden. I am a big glove fan. I've been using the same type for many years - my local wholesaler keeps them stocked. I like them because they breathe but have a tough finger protection. But as you may see in the photo, I am one of those gardeners who takes off one glove to do fine work like staking plants. This discussion is continued at Artist's Garden, Crafty Gardener and perhaps
a few others. Are you a glover?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your gloves look good, they look like the are quite tough on the fingers, so you wont get thorns through them. Thanks for sharing your gloves.
Regards
Karen

garden girl said...

Atlas are the best! When I can't find them locally, I order them online. They make great gifts for gardening friends too.

Melanie Chopay said...

Those are the same gloves I use and my friend Kim too. We even buy them at the same place as you do :-)

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

I just won a pair of these kinds of gloves at a gardening talk! I definitely use gloves in the garden as my hands would be pretty torn up if I didn't. I prefer a closer fitting glove for finer tasks, but can't think of the brand name of my preferred brand right now. Um... but I know it's lilac. :)
~ Monica

Amanda said...

I couldn't live without my Bionic (brand) rose gauntlets!That's actually the name of them, they are part Audrey Hepburn and part Terminator. I should blog about them myself...

Ki said...

I don't care to use gloves unless I really have no choice i.e. pruning and hauling barberry etc. My hands pay for my imprudence with dirt stains, deep cracks, cuts and peeling skin but I love the tactile feel of plant and dirt.

Heloise said...

I think gloves are a good idea but I find them sweaty and clumsy, so invariably I end up getting my hands dirty. Maybe it's just as well I'm mostly a fair weather gardener

Anonymous said...

Hand gloves are important to protect your hands from cuts or insects or any infection but your gloves look nice! Looks good on any hands!